A celebration of Paddling
PaddleFest, A celebration of Paddling
While 2020 has provided many obstacles and challenges, the office, board and technical committees have been working tirelessly to ensure the mental and physical wellbeing of all paddlers is maintained.
Intertwined into PaddleFest will be a series of activities across various paddle disciplines including Stand Up Paddle boards, Kayaks, Canoes, Ocean Skis and Outrigger Canoes to engage the Gold Coast community on the physical and mental health benefits paddling provides the community.
The 2020 edition of Paddlefest would not be possible without the support of the:
- City of Gold Coast,
- Maritime Safety Queensland,
- Southport Yacht Club
- Paddle Queensland Flatwater Technical Committee
- Paddle Queensland Member Clubs
The Saturday 5th of December, will be a Community ‘Come and Try’ Day where different crafts will be available for the public to use.
The Sunday 6th of December, will include the following marquee flatwater events:
- 2020 PQ School Canoe Sprint Champs
- 2020 PQ School Canoe Marathon Champs
- 2020 PQ Canoe Sprint Regatta
- 2020 PQ Canoe Polo Demonstration
PaddleFest will also present the paddling community with the following awards:
- 2020 PQ Annual Awards
- 2020 PQ Ocean Racing Champs
- 2020 PQ Pacific Coast 10k Paddle Series
- 2020 PQ Pacific Coast Virtual Series
Due to COVID-19 Stage 5 restrictions, Paddle Queensland Paddlefest 2020 will have no more than 950 attendees gathered at one location at one time. (This number may change leading up to the event).
All attendees and participants must adhere to the COVID-19 social distancing rules recommended by QLD Health.
Be COVID Safe. In the previous 14 days have you:
- Been unwell?
- An active COVID-19 case?
- In close contact with a confirmed/suspected COVID-19 case?
- Been overseas or travelled to a declared COVID-19 hotspot?
If you answered YES to any of the above, please DO NOT BOOK.