Back to About QORF
QORF takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) seriously and will take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that it holds. This Policy sets out how it intends to do so.
- This Policy applies to customers/clients/candidates and staff, who provide us with their personal information.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold. This will include appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
- Personal information is collected for the purpose of:
- Assessing an individual’s suitability for a position or type of job;
- Business planning purposes, including, but not limited to career path development, the provision of appropriate training opportunities, maintenance of accurate Personnel Files;
- Processing payments;
- To comply with our legal requirements, e.g.: Work Cover and taxation obligations.
- Individuals will be provided with access to the personal information that QORF holds about them. If an employee wishes to gain access they should contact the Chief Executive Officer.
- Individuals who have complaints about privacy practices or about how their personal information is managed should contact the Chief Executive Officer, in writing, who shall deal with the matter under the Grievance and Disputes Procedure.
- QORF at times may contract out data storage or processing functions. Should this occur in the future, the organisation undertakes to ensure that measures to protect the information are part of the contract obligations and arrangements with our service providers.
QORF shall hold or may seek to obtain the following information from either employees or candidates for employment:
- Date of Birth
- Career history
- Career plans
- Results of aptitude and other tests
- Current accreditations, licenses and academic/industry qualifications
- Security/police checks (where appropriate).
- Contact details of next of kin