Back to About us
Outdoors Queensland takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) seriously and will take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that it holds. This Policy sets out how it intends to do so.
- This Policy applies to customers/clients/candidates and staff, who provide us with their personal information.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold. This will include appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
- Personal information is collected for the purpose of:
- Processing payments;
- Delivering on Outdoors Queensland’s legitimate functions and activities;
- Assessing an individual’s suitability for a position or type of job;
- Business planning purposes, including, but not limited to career path development, the provision of appropriate training opportunities, maintenance of accurate Personnel Files;
- To comply with our legal requirements, e.g.: Work Cover and taxation obligations.
- Individuals will be provided with access to the personal information that Outdoors Queensland holds about them.
- Individuals who have complaints about privacy practices or about how their personal information is managed should contact the Executive Officer, in writing, who shall deal with the matter under the Grievance and Disputes Procedure.
- Outdoors Queensland at times may contract out data storage or processing functions. Should this occur in the future, the organisation undertakes to ensure that measures to protect the information are part of the contract obligations and arrangements with our service providers.
Where it is lawful and practicable, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves and operating anonymously, when entering into transactions with Outdoors Queensland.
This site abides by the Australian Privacy Principles guidelines issued by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. You can generally visit the site without revealing Personal Information, unless you choose to provide such information. The information received depends upon what you do when visiting the site.
This web site is protected by copyright under Australian law. Unauthorised use of any part of this site is not permitted.
The owner of this site is not liable for any misfortune that should befall a visitor to this site.
Site Visit Data
As is the case for nearly all web sites, this site makes a record of your visit, logging the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server’s address
- the name of the top-level domain from which you access the Internet (for example, .gov, .com, .au, .nz, etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous Internet address from which you linked directly to this site. (In the cases where the referring site declines to pass this information on, these details are not obtained by the statistics server.)
We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where a law enforcement agency (or government agency) may exercise a legal authority to inspect the ISP logs (e.g. by warrant, subpoena or notice to produce).
A cookie is a piece of information that an Internet web site sends to your browser when you access information at that site. Parts of this site may store cookies on your browser in order to better serve you when you next visit the site. Cookies are optional for the user and your browser can be set either not to accept cookies or to prompt you to accept them or not case by case.
Membership databases, email management, online forms and personal information
Your email address will only be recorded if you choose to send a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless at your request. Your email address will not be disclosed without your consent. If the owner of this site acts on behalf of a third party this party is considered, in partnership with the owner of this site, to be the co-collector of such data.
This site maintains records of its members and uses the web site to gather or update member details. These details are collected and stored purely for the business of the owner of this site and are not divulged to any third party.
Discussion groups, mailing lists, online forums, bulletin boards
This site may host discussions groups, which allow discussion via posts on a web site, or by email. Some may allow chat using IRC. Some of these services have a publicly accessible web archive. Where there is a web archive, subscribers are informed. If you subscribe to one of these services you should be aware that your complete email, including your email address, may be available across the web to anyone who searches through the archive.
This site maintains the same level of security for Personal Information collected in an electronic format as it does for that collected in paper format.
However, if you are providing Personal Information via an email or an online form you should be aware that there are some risks to transmitting data via the Internet unless it is encrypted with a security certificate. This site uses encryption and related server side mechanisms for secure data transfer in certain areas of the site where financial transactions may take place (e.g. credit card details), in other cases where no financial transactions take place web forms usually will not have encryption. If at any time you believe the principles referred to in this privacy statement have not been followed, or have any other comments on these principles, please notifythe owner of this site.
The use of the term “Personal Information” in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained