Sport & Recreation Disaster Recovery Program
Supporting sport and recreation clubs returning to a sense of normality after a disaster
Posted on 08.02.2019
Following the North and Far North Queensland monsoon trough, 25 January – 6 February the Sport and Recreation Disaster Recovery Program (SRDRP) Level 1 has been opened.
Great importance is placed on the support that sport and recreation clubs and associations provide communities in returning to a sense of normality after an event of this nature.
Level 1 funding provides up to $5000 to assist in immediate clean-up efforts. This may include:
- replacement of damaged equipment that directly relates to the re-establishment of activities (including office and canteen equipment)
- payment of services and hire costs, and purchase of equipment and tools that assist in short term clean-up of facilities
- reimbursement for the purchase of the above made from the date of the relevant disaster
- funds to repair or replace when this is lower than the premium excess set by the insurance provider may be eligible
- excess coverage for insurance claims.
More information including eligibility and how to apply can be found HERE
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story