Make an Award Nomination
We encourage you to make an award nomination – to acknowledge an organisation, an individual, a special event or program, for contribution to the outdoor sector in Queensland.
How to make a nomination!
- Review the Award Criteria and select the most appropriate award
- Collect the information and material you will need:
- Nominee contact details
- Your contact details
- A photo of the nominee (or something that represents the nomination)
- Description of the nominee – organisation, an individual, a special event or programme
- An explanation of how your nominee meets the award criteria – review the criteria again and consider the points below
- Collate supporting material
- Go the Nomination Form and fill out as indicated.
- Submit! (a copy will be sent to your email address too!)
Please keep your nominations brief and to the point – lengthy nominations may be returned for editing down or simply disqualified!
… and don’t forget to tell your nominee about the nomination!
When putting together your nomination:
- Review the Award Criteria
- Provide evidence that shows your nominee meets the criteria.
- Benefits to your organisation
- Benefits/contribution to the wider outdoor community
- Relationships with others
- Professionalism and attitude
- You may want to include Supporting Documentation in your nomination:
- Each nomination should include supporting documentation and proof such as reports, results, bios, testimonials, reviews, letters, CD’s, DVD’s and images. Links to websites and social media platforms are also encouraged.
- Please Note:
Short-listed nominations will be expected to supply supporting images and/or video material that will used in making a video announcement to be shown on the Awards Night.
Nominations Close: Friday August 23, 2019
Winners announced: Friday October 25, 2019
Terms & Conditions
- Nominations are open to everybody – it is NOT only for QORF members.
- You may nominate yourself or your own organisation.
- An award category will be removed from contention if there are insufficient nominations deemed appropriate for that category
- All nominations will be assessed by the QORF Management Committee.
- If a Management Committee member is associated with an award nominee, then that committee member will be excluded from the evaluation process for that nominee. QORF Management Committee members themselves are ineligible for nomination.
- The Management Committee’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision or the selection process.
Back to Outdoors Queensland Awards