Our response to COVID-19
A timely and responsible approach to the current situation
Posted on 17.03.2020
Our Response to COVID-19
We are a small team and many of us regularly work from home. Our response to COVID-19 has been to:
- Keep staff informed about the virus and developments in our workplace.
- Reduce face to face meetings – encourage the use of online services such as Zoom.
- Cancel or postpone public events
- Adopt appropriate social distancing procedures in the workplace
- Encourage and support staff to work from home
- Support a staff member if he/she gets infected – honouring contracts and applying sick leave
- Actively monitor reliable sources of information such as QLD Health and the Australian Department of Health
and finally we are committed to making sure the sector is kept up to date with the latest and best information about the virus and pandemic.
We have created a COVID-19 information page on our website with the intention of keeping the sector informed as to the facts and the latest developments. In addition we will provide updates as they come to hand.
With social distancing restrictions in place that will limit the opportunities for body contact sports and team events, why not get outside and try an outdoor activity instead – go for walk, ride a bike or take a canoe out on the river. Fresh air and sunshine are good for both your physical and mental health.
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story