Working Effectively with Cultural Diversity
Australia is a culturally and linguistically diverse country.
According to Census information from 2016, nearly one half (49per cent )of all Australians had either been born overseas or one or both parents had been born overseas.
Being aware of cultural differences is crucial for delivering services to and working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
Our training delivers understanding and ready-to-apply strategies and skills to help achieve better engagement.
This program addresses workplace challenges including:
- Unintentional cultural mishaps
- Communication barriers (verbal and non-verbal)
- Different cultural perceptions of customer service
- Culturally inappropriate behaviour
This training program provides you with ready-to-apply strategies and skills for these challenges.
After completing this training program, you will be able to:
- Understand Cultural Diversity in Queensland
- Understand the challenges of settlement
- Understand Culture and its impact on communication
- Apply skills needed in Cross Cultural Communication
- Develop skills needed to manage Cultural Diversity
- Any service provider whose work brings them into contact with customers or clients from a multicultural background
- Council employees from community, environment, corporate services, infrastructure services, water, waste, planning and development sections.
- Government employees providing services including transport, education, training, family support, employment, community support, disabilities, health, seniors, youth, environment, emergency services, housing, business, industry, recreation, sports and arts
- Non government organisations, community, religious and welfare groups
- Professionals responsible for policy or program development
- Professionals and volunteers seeking to enhance their cultural competency when engaging with people from a multicultural background
Brisbane Multicultural Centre
Rooms 1 & 2 (downstairs)
28 Dibley Street, Woolloongabba, Qld 4102
Find on Google Maps
1 x full day training session, 9:30am to 4:30pm
- $250 per participant
- $200 for student
- 3 to 5 participants per organisation per session: 15% discount
- 6 to 10 participants per organisation per session: 20% discount
Note future dates