Trauma Focused Adventure Therapy Training
Two-day training designed for those others who support difficult to engage young people
‘Trauma Focused Adventure Therapy‘ is a two-day training designed for Therapists, Youth Workers, Behaviour Support Teachers, Youth Support Coordinators, Chaplains, and others who support difficult to engage young people. Outdoor Educators will find the training useful in catering for ‘difficult’ students and it will help improve outcomes.
Adventure as therapy is highly engaging, targeted and an effective therapeutic process. Adventures can be short, local and may not require adventure qualifications. Getting young people away from the normal environment can help them re-structure their world views of themselves, peers, systems and their potential. They can then return to the normal environment and be assisted to maintain these changes.
Our model received excellent feedback at the 2016 Australian National Outdoor Education conference at Sunshine Coast University and the 2018 8th International Adventure Therapy Conference. The model is emerging, being the focus of research at Griffith University, yet already provides a simple, achievable and targeted method through which an array of program options can be designed.
- 2 full days, 8am to 4pm
- Day 1 – theory of Complex Trauma and Trauma Focused Adventure
- Day 2 – workshops in using Outdoor Activity to Heal
- includes a comprehensive pdf ebook.
Feedback & Photos
- For previous participant feedback see: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6399467291981021184
- For photo’s of past courses see: https://www.facebook.com/pg/youthflourishoutdoors/photos/?tab=album&album_id=151051165499598