Organisational Development Workshop Part A
A opportunity to consider Organisational Development - the issues, the options and the way forward
- Sports House, Milton
- 9:00 am
- 4:30 pm
- Catering will be provided
- Mark Squires
- 0450 410 354
As stated in our Mission, QORF / Outdoors Queensland’s primary purpose is ‘to raise the profile, capacity and opportunity for outdoor recreation in Queensland and encourages all people to recreate outdoors’. To proactively address the responsibility inherent in our Mission, we are committed to providing information, tools and resources to the sector on a variety of topics, such as Risk Management, Staff Development, Industrial Relations, WH&S, Governance, Media Management and Organisational Development.
We have engaged Andrew Murray, from Applied Adventure, to deliver a series of 4 Articles on the topic of Organisational Development and to facilitate a two part Workshop to explore the issues, the options and the way forward.
We encourage our Green Circle Members and other businesses operating in the outdoor sector to review the way they manage their businesses, and provides appropriate easy access resources. We have developed this workshop and associated set of resources in conjunction with Andrew Murray because we believe there is a need for small to medium business in the outdoor sector to improve the way they operate, manage staff, market and present themselves to their potential clients.
Discussion Points Part A
- Introductions and Preliminary Conversations
- Developing or Assessing Your Organisational Vision
- Planning towards your vision:
- Strategic Planning
- Tactical Planning
- Operational Planning
- What’s this “Values” thing about?
- Identifying/Evaluating Your Corporate Values.
Date: November 17
Time: 09:00 – 16:30
Venue: QORF, Sports House, 150 Caxton Street, Milton
(see on Google Maps)
Catering will be supplied
Note: Dates for Part B (2019) will be announced in due course
Discussion Points Part B
- Keeping it Real – making sure we “Walk the Talk”
- Performance Management: Translating Values to Behaviours
- Creating a “Value Monopoly”
- What sort of an organisation do you want to be?
- The “turnkey” organisation vs alternatives
- Action Planning and Networking
Learn more on the Organisational Development page
Please email Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions