Critical Incident Management Planning Session 2 (Brisbane)
Information, tools and resources
QORF in conjunction with the Outdoor Educators Association of Queensland (OEAQ) will be hosting a series of critical incident management planning workshops throughout 2019. The workshops, designed for both the education sector and the broader outdoor activity community, will be facilitated by Dr Clare Dallat, Director of Risk Resolve and an expert in the field of led outdoor risk and crisis management. The workshops will be run in both Brisbane and Cairns.
- The outdoor activity providers workshop will suit all outdoor activity providers by using relevant and applicable case studies. By focusing on the operating contexts that outdoor providers engage with (e.g. limited resources to support, casual and volunteer work forces, multiple third-party involvement), participants will learn how to optimise their crisis management response. This workshop is suitable for club committee members, event organisers, managers, owners and coordinators who plan and oversee outdoor activity programs.
- The education sector workshop will apply relevant case studies and address the unique context of schools conducting off-site outdoor programs, excursions and overseas tours. The operational environment of schools will be integrated into the session (e.g. use of subcontractors). It is suitable for coordinators, WHS staff and management staff who approve off-site programs.
Session 2 – Proactive Critical Incident Management
In this workshop, participants will be asked to bring their own critical incident plans and we’ll review them systematically – both proactively (what you say publicly now) and reactively (what you need to have ready in the event of a critical incident). This day is focused on proactive risk management.
Saturday 14 September, 09:00 – 16:00
Outdoor Activity Providers
Sunday 15 September, 09:00 – 16:00
- The content of each educators session (ie each Saturday session in Brisbane) will focus on and use examples from the education sector. The outdoor activity providers sessions (ie each Sunday session in Brisbane) will focus on the broader outdoor activity community. Much of the content from both sessions will be very similar, differentiated only by the specific sector examples and language.
- Attendance at both a Session 1 and a Session 2 workshop
- $80.00 +GST for financial OEAQ/QORF members
- $400.00 +GST for non-members
- Participants facing financial hardship may be eligible for a fee waiver or other arrangement. Please email email@example.com with the details.
- There is a limit of 30 participants per session.
Outdoor Educators Association of Queensland Inc. invites you to become a member of a group of personable, enthusiastic and imaginative people committed to professional outdoor education practice.