Basic First Aid Training
A nationally accredited first aid course
Adventure Training Australia (a Green Frog Adventures company) will be conducting Basic First Aid Training on the Sunshine Coast at Caloundra.
Course duration: 1-day course
Course cost: $130.00 (GST exempt)
First Aid and CPR can save lives in the critical time before emergency services or medical aid arrives.
The key aims of first aid are to:
- preserve life
- protect the unconscious person
- prevent further injury
- promote recovery.
During this First Aid and CPR course, participants will develop key skills that will enable them to:
- understand their rights and first aid legal obligations;
- conduct a primary and secondary assessment of a sick or injured person;
- understand vital signs and identify what to look for in an emergency situation;
- identify various infection control measures;
- understand the ‘Basic Life Support’ steps;
- assess and control the risks associated with the provision of first aid assistance; and
- administer first aid care in emergency situations such as choking, drowning, heart attack, stroke, snake bite, stings, heat stroke and more
The practical First Aid and CPR exercises will give participants experience and skills in:
• performing CPR compressions and rescue breaths using a resuscitation manikin;
• the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED);
• and the application of bandages and slings, including the use of the Pressure Immobilisation Technique (PIT) to manage snake bites.
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment (RTO #40907).
Units of competency:
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
Courses are restricted to 12 participants only so booking early is essential.
Morning and afternoon tea will be provided however you will be required to bring your own drink bottle and lunch.
Please also wear loose comfortable clothing suitable for bending and crouching.
Certificates will be provided at the completion of the 2 day course.
Cost is $130.00 per person.
Booking can be made by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0402 045282