Visioning the Outdoors – extended
Film & Photo Comp extended to close on Friday June 7
Posted on 10.05.2019
The Visioning the Outdoors Film & Photo Competition closing date has been extended to Friday June 7*
With so many public holidays in the last month or so, we have decided to extend the closing date to give everybody enough time to sort through their films and images, select the ones that best meet the competition parameters and put in an entry (or two!).
The new closing date is Friday June 7
All the other dates have been altered to suit as well: Competition Dates
As a reminder, what we are looking for are action shots or film clips of people enjoying being outdoors in great locations – paddlers, bushwalkers, climbers, campers, MTB’ers, canyoners, abseilers … and more. Get the idea!
There are some great prizes to win in all categories generously supplied by our prize partners, Equipped Outdoors, Paddy Pallin, Crumpler, Rescue Swag, K2 Basecamp and Chris Bray Photography – over $4,000.00 worth of prizes to be won.
Prizes include sleeping bags from Paddy Pallin, duffle bags and camera bags from Crumpler, water filters and head lamps from Equipped Outdoors, first aid kits from RescueSwag, and vouchers from K2 Basecamp.
- All photos will be entered in the Best Photo category.
- All films will be entered in the Best Film category.
- All photos submitted by a person aged 16 years and under are automatically entered in the Best Youth Photo category.**
- All films submitted by a person aged 16 years and under are automatically entered in the Best Youth Film category.*
- All films will be entered in the People’s Choice Film competition
- All photos will be entered in the People’s Choice Photo competition
- All climbing photos will be entered in the K2 Basecamp Best Climbing Photo category.
- All gear photos will be entered in the Equipped Outdoors Best Gear Photo category.
- Additional categories may be added in line with the special interests of our partners
Visioning on Instagram
For all the enthusiastic Instagram photographers – Visioning the Outdoors on Instagram
(Visioning on Instagram is a stand alone competition and entries are not included in People’s Choice)
** A film or photo might win both the Best and the Youth categories.
About the competition
- This is a competition for and about outdoor recreation – in the outdoors!
- It is not a nature or landscape competition, nor is it a portrait competition.
- Nature, landscape or portrait entries will not be disqualified but should capture the essence of the competition theme: LIVE LIFE OUTDOORS
*Please note, QORF reserves the right to change competition dates without notice
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story