Victoria Park Update
Draft Vision has been released - have your say!
Posted on 23.01.2020
Brisbane City Council is changing Victoria Park into an iconic public parkland with something for everybody.
Council is converting the 18-hole golf course into an expansive new park following feedback from residents who have told Council they want more greenspaces with new places to relax.
This means more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane’s beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
The draft vision for Brisbane’s biggest new park captures your ideas and shows how it will be transformed to make our city even better. This is your vision and we want your feedback.
Have your say
Your feedback, ideas and thoughts are important to us. Have your say on the Victoria Park Draft Vision, especially the ideas you like or changes you would like Council to consider.
To have your say, read the draft vision and then fill in the online survey before 28 April 2020.
About the project
- Victoria Park will be more than double the size of the City Botanic Gardens
- Almost 45 hectares of green space will be protected and enhanced as part of the vision
- From treetops to gullies, opportunities to connect with nature will be everywhere
- A cultural hub will showcase Brisbane’s world-class architecture
- Victoria Park will be a platform for public life, a sensory playground and a pillar of Brisbane’s healthy, outdoor lifestyle
- Construction is expected to commence in 2021
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story