Victoria Park Update
Community consultation remains open
Posted on 23.05.2020
Brisbane City Council is changing Victoria Park into an iconic public parkland with something for everybody.
Council is converting the 18-hole golf course into an expansive new park following feedback from residents who have told Council they want more greenspaces with new places to relax.
This means more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane’s beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
The draft vision for Brisbane’s biggest new park captures your ideas and shows how it will be transformed to make our city even better. This is your vision and we want your feedback.
Have your say by by completing the online survey.
Read the Victoria Park Draft Vision
About the project
- Victoria Park will be more than double the size of the City Botanic Gardens
- Almost 45 hectares of green space will be protected and enhanced as part of the vision
- From treetops to gullies, opportunities to connect with nature will be everywhere
- A cultural hub will showcase Brisbane’s world-class architecture
- Victoria Park will be a platform for public life, a sensory playground and a pillar of Brisbane’s healthy, outdoor lifestyle
- Construction is expected to commence in 2021
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story