Tallebudgera OEEC Training Courses
Course schedule now available for 2020
Posted on 06.12.2019
Quality Outdoor Training
Information and schedules are now available for the 2020 Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre‘s outdoor education training courses.
As a Registered Training Provider (#30685), the Centre provides a range of training courses for teachers, outdoor recreation leaders and school students, and offers blended course delivery involving a mixture of self-paced online learning, compulsory face-to-face training and assessment sessions, and the submission of assignment work and logbooks.
The next intake for courses is February 14th, 2020
Courses offered include:
- PUA21012 Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- SIS30619 Certificate III in Outdoor Leadership
- FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
- AHC21016 Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
- AHC31516 Certificate III in Indigenous Land Management
- Bushwalking Leader – Tracked Environments
- Canoe Leader – Open, Flat and Grade 1 Water
- Climbing Leader – Top Rope, Artificial Surfaces
- SISSS00111 Pool Lifeguard
Go to Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre or contact Will Hanrahan on firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and course schedules.
- All training days are based at Tallebudgera Outdoor and Environmental Education Centre and delivered around the southern end of the Gold Coast.
- Assessments take place not more than about 1.5hrs from Tallebudgera Outdoor & Environmental Education Centre at various locations throughout Northern NSW & Southeast QLD.
All participants will complete:
- Precourse work (including online work),
- One training & assessment weekend,
- Major project tasks,
- 2 assessment weekends in different locations (For Canoe and Bushwalking these assessment weekends are overnight events)
- Participants on Canoe and Bushwalking courses need to attend an Assessment at Location 1 and an Assessment at Location 2.
- We will have 4 intakes for our courses next year with each intake capped at 10 students.
- All training and assessment weekends will run subject to minimum numbers and confirmation will be made two weeks prior to each scheduled session.
- $2990 to complete the full Cert. 3 in Outdoor Leadership
- $1200 for an individual Activity Specialisation eg. Canoeing or Bushwalking or Climbing
Duke of Edinburgh Adventurous Journey Supervisors
Under arrangements with the Department of Education Duke of Edinburgh office the fee for approved Adventurous Journey Supervisors (AJS) is subsidised by them and participants also receive a discount for their portion of the course fee. If you are an approved AJS the cost to you or your organisation to attend an Activity Specialisation is $800.
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story