Raising kids – and having adventures!
A new article from 'We Are Explorers' looking at adventure parents
Posted on 02.11.2018
Having recently written an article on his own attempts to be an Adventure Dad, Henry Brydon from We Are Explorers was curious to talk to other adventure parents out there who are pushing societal boundaries with their ankle-biters. Turns out, there’s quite a few!
“I’ve been in touch with a number of parents who’ve thrown the finger at traditional codes of child rearing and have instead opted to re-write the rule book. From desert crossing vagabonds to swashbuckling seafarers, they’ve each made the outdoors the foundation of their lives and truly live the adage “the best presents you could give your kids is your presence”.
“Below are 6 testaments to outdoor parenting; individuals who encourage us all to make life one big badass adventure before, during and after kids. I for one am inspired to my core”.
What do you think?
- The Desert Rollers // Justin & Lauren Jones (aka The Jonesys)
- The Sailors // Rob Hamill and family (aka The Cruising Kiwi’s)
- The Travelling Photographers // Sherrin and Tom (aka ST Images)
- The American Thru-Hikers // Natasha, Jacob and Zoey Moon (aka MoonMountain)
- The Aussie Hikers // Kelly, Greg, Audrie & Ava (aka Only Footprints)
- The Vanlifers // Rob, Tracy, Marli & Ziggy (aka The Blonde Nomads)
Were you inspired to get out there with your kids?
We Are Explorers
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story