What is it?
A colourful, detailed guidebook packed with hundreds of shorter, easier, more accessible family-friendly bushwalks throughout South East Queensland.
By Mark Roberts & Gillian Duncan
The First Edition sold out its print run of 2,500 copies during 2016, making the book a local bestseller. We are now supplying the Second Edition with an added Toowoomba chapter, which you can order via this website.
Note: we still have a few copies of the First Edition discounted to only $25.00! Sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 3369 9455.
This book is an ideal gift for the outdoorsy person in your life!
How is this book different from the other bushwalking guides?
- It covers every qualifying bushwalk in the region
- It’s bang up to date
- It only covers easier, shorter bushwalks, no ropes required
- It only covers easily accessible bushwalks, you don’t need a 4WD
- Every bushwalk is illustrated with a brand new detailed topographic map
- It has a family orientation – you don’t need to be a serious hiker to enjoy it
- We walked (or cycled) every metre of these trails during our research
What area does it cover?
- North to Noosa and Kin Kin
- South to the border
- West to Toowoomba
- East to North Stradbroke Island
Does the book have bushwalks in my region?
- Brisbane City – 73
- Gold Coast – 30
- Ipswich City – 12
- Lockyer Region – 1
- Logan City – 16
- Moreton Bay – 26
- Redland City – 24
- Scenic Rim – 22
- Somerset Region – 3
- Sunshine Coast inc Noosa – 75
- Toowoomba Region – 29
Who will enjoy the book?
- Families looking for adventure and exercise
- Bushwalkers looking for shorter, easier trails
- Birdwatchers, naturalists
- Trail runners (see Where to Mountain Bike in South East Queensland for longer trails)
- Schools, Scouts, Guides
What trails are in the book?
Our criteria for selecting bushwalks are:
- Well-formed trails, not bush-bashing routes
- Most are designed, built and maintained as recreational trails
- Not too steep, rugged or rough
- Not too long
- Reasonably accessible – 4WD or ferry generally not required
Go to www.familybushwalks.com.au for more information.