Innes is running for Parliament
Standing as an Independent candidate in the Electorate of Wright
Posted on 10.04.2019
Innes Larkin, of QORF Green Circle Member Mt Barney Lodge, is announcing his intention to stand as an Independent candidate in the Electorate of Wright. As co-owner of Mt Barney Lodge, he has lived and worked in the Electorate of Wright for 18 years, and is in the right position now to be able to step up and contribute his skills and values to federal politics.
If you have ever been guided by Innes up one of our local mountains, or been part of the many school and corporate groups he has facilitated, or if you have ever had a chat while he was doing the bin run in the campground, you will know of his values and ethics.
It is hard to talk about yourself, so here is what others are saying about him on the new Facebook page:
“Innes is a man of principle and integrity who will fight for what is best and right for his constituents. Innes has long been a fantastic representitive of the local area and a fierce advocate for sustainable outcomes for the people he lives and works with. some people just talk, Innes acts on his beliefs.”
“Intelligent, aware, honest and committed to his values and to making this world a better place! What more could you ask for in a Representative?”
“Finally someone with integrity that I’ve always said should run as a political candidate, that actually is!! That’s one lucky electorate!”
You are invited to help Innes run for Parliament
There are 3 ways to be involved:
- Donate generously – effective campaigns cost money
- Volunteer your time – we can’t clone Innes, so please help
- Spread the word – Innes is a great talker, but even he can’t speak to 80,000 people in just a few weeks! Like and share from all the social media channels listed below, and tag your friends who you know line in this area (from Gatton to Greenbank, and Jimboomba to Nerang including Tamborine)
Thanks for following Innes’ progress 🙂
Here are some of his milestones:
- In 2016 Innes was also awarded the Australian Search and Rescue Award for his efforts rescuing 700 people in over 400 rescues from the Mt Barney region alone.
- President of Local Tourism Organisation Scenic Rim Escapes for 3 years
- Spokesperson for the community group Keep The Scenic Rim Scenic which undertook a peaceful protest with farmers in the Kerry Valley that successfully protected the whole Scenic Rim to protect the region from coal and coal seam gas development in 2012 when council local, state, and federal members of parliament did not represent the region when asked
Connect with Innes!!
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story