Wanting to make a career in the outdoors?
Looking for work?
Are you looking for a job in the outdoors? You will find what you need here, with listings of outdoor jobs and volunteering opportunities available in Queensland, LINKS to Australian and international outdoor job opportunities and useful information relevant to gaining work in the outdoor industry.
QORF is proud to display jobs on offer by our Green Circle Members and gratefully acknowledges the more comprehensive job listing service provided by COOEEads, a long time supporter, and the best place to go when looking for a job in the outdoors!
Click to Submit Your Job Available Advertisement
Please include your logo and a closing date.
COOEEads – a job information and advertising service for people looking for work in the outdoors:
COOEEads’ is a weekly email listing jobs, consultancies, tenders, scholarships and grants in the fields of outdoor / environmental education, interpretive communication and park management in Australia (and New Zealand).
SUBSCRIBE to ‘COOEEads’ – the free weekly listing of all current vacancies
Adventure Intervention Officer
Department of Justice and Attorney-General
Salary: $78,390 – $85,205 pa. + super
Permanent full-time position
To deliver Adventure Based Learning (ABL) programs for young offenders or those at risk of offending behaviour.
- Implement relevant actions identified in The Outlook Business Plan
- Deliver Adventure Based Learning (ABL) programs for young offenders or those at risk of offending behaviour
- Design, develop & evaluate ABL programs linked to case management objectives
- Deliver & assess training in ABL for staff who work with young offenders
- Knowledge, experience and skills in youth justice frameworks
- Establish effective relationships with youth justice service centres by providing on-program mentoring support & by developing & delivering adventure interventions
- Manage risk in relation to staff & participants & comply with any legislation, industry standards, policies & procedures
- Undertake all administrative tasks relevant to program & training delivery
Technical/Role Specific Capabilities
Qualifications are not mandatory but skills and experience in the following will be an advantage:
- Current instructor level accreditation in two outdoor activities
- Outdoor Leader Registration Scheme (NOLRS)).
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Work Place Training and Assessment.
- Certificate IV in Youth Justice
Successful applicants who do not initially possess the above will be supported to obtain these qualifications.
Experience in design, facilitation, risk management and evaluation of Adventure Based Learning programs.
Two years experience in the human service industry and can demonstrate experience in an area that involves one of the following, youth, small group work leading to behavioral change, personal development and/or therapeutic change; and case management.
(Specified – Applicants will need to provide a reference from a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.)
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Job Ad Reference: QLD/235661/17.
Closing Date: Friday, 31 March 2017
Outdoor Recreation Trainer
(Inserted: March 2o, 2017)
Churchill Education is a Registered Training Organisation with an extensive scope of registration and servicing students across Australia.
We are looking for experienced and passionate contract trainers to deliver Vocational Education to years 10, 11 and 12 students in Certificate II Outdoor Recreation. This includes Bushwalking and Cycling units.
You will be visiting schools, delivering and assessing the qualification over a 20 week period, commencing Term 2, 2017.
We have positions available in the Darling Downs, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast regions.
- Visiting High Schools to deliver Certificate II Training in an engaging manner which reflects real life requirements (course materials provided)
- Conducting assessments with students
- Maintaining appropriate records
- Supporting students during their learning
- Liaising with stakeholders as required.
We are an innovative and progressive organisation and are seeking trainers with a flair for creativity who want to make a difference to the lives of students.
You will be:
- A skilled and experienced Trainer with TAE40110 – Certificate IV Training and Assessment qualification (including Language, Literacy & Numeracy module); and
- Certificate III or higher in Outdoor Recreation. Note – If you have a Fitness Qualification and have experience with Bushwalking and cycling, we would welcome your application.
- Experienced in delivering and assessing qualifications in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector; and
- Have vocational experience in the qualifications your are delivering.
- Have a current Blue Card
- An excellent communicator outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including great attention to detail.
- Current drivers licence and a reliable motor vehicle.
- Experience working with High School students will be highly regarded
We have been recognised for our people practices, winning numerous awards in 2016 including Employer of Choice.
- We provide you with an induction and orientation program
- Your hours will vary according to the schools you are allocated – it may be one days per week or five days per week over a 20 week period
- Hourly rate of $35 to $45 per hour depending on experience
- Ongoing work may become available
All applicants must submit their applications by email to our Human Resources Manager, Helen Rogerson, email@example.com
Please provide the following information
- Current resume.
- Copies of all qualifications held.
- A covering letter which outlines your skills and knowledge, relevant to each of the Key Responsibilities and Key Qualities outlined in this advertisement.
Australia Partnership Manager
(Inserted: March 2o, 2017)
The JUMP! Foundation is currently seeking a skilled and energetic candidate to fill the role of Partnership Manager for our JUMP! Global Leadership Centre in Australia. This individual will be an enthusiastic and goal–oriented manager who plans, coordinates, and delivers programs for students and educators.
The Partnership Manager will work toward developing Global Citizenship Education by enhancing existing curriculum, delivering innovative programming, and providing Global Citizenship coaching, mentorship, and resources to students and educators in Australia.
The Partnership Manager will manage and enhance relationships with JUMP! partners, manage programs, and ensure high quality program delivery.
The Partnership Manager will effectively solve problems through individual initiative; accurately communicate with the JUMP! Foundation’s multi–cultural and international client base; and contribute to the total efforts of a small, dedicated team.
Start Date: April 20, 2017 or as soon as possible
Application Deadline: March 27, 2017
Location: Melbourne Australia
Outdoor Education Instructor
Mt Binga Outdoor Education Centre
(Updated: March 22, 2017)
Contract position from 2 May – 1 December 2017
(With the possibility of long term contracts beyond 2017)
Mt Binga Outdoor Education Centre is situated to the south of Blackbutt in Southern Queensland. The Centre is a former logging camp and is owned and operated by Immanuel Lutheran College and has been an Outdoor Education Centre since 1982.
Mt Binga Outdoor Education Centre specialise in month-long residential programs for groups in Years 9 and 10. Programs include abseiling, rock climbing, high ropes, horse riding, archery, farm activities, hiking and camping, along with many other activities in line with the focus of the Centre.
The main goal of the outdoor education program is that students experience community living and grow in their own self-sufficiency and confidence in who they are.
Mt Binga’s Values are that all participants will:
- Show Initiative
- Challenge Themselves
- Take Responsibility
- Respect Our Environment
- Do Their Best
- Engage in Community.
Suitably qualified instructors are invited to apply for the position of Outdoor Education Instructor (1.0 FTE Contract)
- Applicants must be able to live and work within the Christian ethos of the College
- Qualifications and experience in areas such as hiking, rock climbing, abseiling, high ropes, archery, horse riding and animal husbandry would be considered favourably
- Background in working with youth in a pastoral care/counselling role or equivalent Outdoor Education role would be highly regarded.
- Experience in ensuring that student and staff safety are the highest priority on all Outdoor Education activities, through the design, documentation, implementation and effective communication of appropriate risk assessment and control measures.
- Ability to facilitate group processing and debriefs to maximise individual and team learning from each outdoor education session.
- Ability to deal effectively with unpredictable and non-routine situations.
- Ability to apply weather information to the conduct of outdoor activities.
- Ability to recognise potential risks and emergency situations and coordinate responses where required.
- Hold current Senior First Aid certificate (Wilderness/Remote Area First Aid qualification will be considered favourably)
- Maintain facilities used in programs, such as high ropes, low ropes, initiatives and other equipment.
Electronic applications including the names of three current referees, and addressing the Selection Criteria as outlined in the Job and Person Specification to:
Immanuel Lutheran College
PO Box 5025
Maroochydore BC QLD 4558
Applications close: 4pm, Friday 17 February 2017.
Outdoor Education Facilitator
Casual position (commencing 1 February 2017)
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage participant groups (Year 7 to 11) in the delivery of outdoor education programs in both centre-based and expedition programs. The position will be located at the Adventure Alternatives Education Centres at Woodford and Kenilworth, Queensland.
Paid staff training starts 16th of Jan 2017 with casual roles starting from the 1st of February.
We are looking for a person who is self motivated and shows initiative to achieve program outcomes and delivery. You must possess a Child Commission Blue Card and Remote Area First Aid Certificate and have formal qualifications and experience in Outdoor Education.
You will have the following skills:
- Highly developed leadership and group management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in facilitation of outdoor education, adventure activities and environmental activities
- Proven ability to conduct trip planning, navigation, and interpretation and response to weather conditions to achieve program outcomes and participant safety.
- Highly developed oral communication, conflict management and problem solving skills.
For further information about the position and Adventure Alternatives please visit our website at: http://www.adventurealternatives.com.au/employment
Please email your current resume to Todd Samorowski (Managing Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when suitable applicants found.
Instructors – Recreation Program
QLD Canoeing is looking to hire casual staff to run our recreation program.
Expressions of interest can be sent to Steven Rowland at email@example.com.
Please email through:
- Evidence of your ACAS canoeing/kayaking qualification (minimum requirement is a Flatwater Guide)
- [if you have a Cert 4 in Outdoor Education with relevant units completed with sufficient recent experience we can help you get your ACAS qualifications]
- Blue Card
- First Aid
- A brief summary of your experience.
- A relevant referee’s name and details.
- We are looking for staff to help fill shifts taking groups on recreational paddles for 2 to 3 hours
- We run programs for Councils, schools and recreation camps
- You will need to be outgoing, friendly and prepared to chat to participants
- You will be required to unload and reload canoes/kayaks, assist with the safety briefing and running the programs
- Applicants must have their own vehicle and preferably be able to tow our trailer
Pay and conditions
- We pay a contractor rate, plus an allowance for travel
- All contractors are required to have an ABN
- If you tow our trailer you will be paid an additional allowance and tolls if applicable
- The minimum shift is 3.0 hours, and shifts up to 10 hours are available
- Guides and Instructors need to abide by Queensland Canoeing code of conduct
- The work is casual; you will be emailed a list of shifts available for the following month
- Short listed applications will be contacted for an interview
- A practical interview may be requested with one of our instructors (possibly assisting on a recreation program)
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the position or to express your interest, please give Steven a call on 3899 1667 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Education Professionals
Outdoor Education Group
VIC & NSW June/July 2016 Applications Now Open
- Diverse Venues throughout Australia
- Industry Recognised Staff Development
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Strong Cohesive Staff Community
Do you have a background in Outdoor Education? Do you have a drive to work with young people? Are you confident communicating with others? Are you keen to learn and thrive in a dynamic, supportive workplace?
OEG has set a benchmark in the Outdoor Education Industry in Australia for over 30 years. Our staff are driven & motivated with a strong passion for the delivery of quality outdoor education programs. As an OEG employee you are provided with strong support both in the field and administratively. With long term career progression opportunities, you have the ability to stream into specific areas of expertise such as Specialist Support, Staff Development & Training, Program Leading, Operations Support, Senior Management/School Liaison &/or Venue Management. As an organisation, we pride ourselves on the community focus & work/life balance employees enjoy.
As an Outdoor Education Professional working with OEG you have the opportunity to work in different venues, on camp and/or journey based programs across Victoria, South Australia & New South Wales. Our programs deliver meaningful education through activities such as rafting, bushwalking, canoeing, sea kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, rock climbing/abseiling, group initiatives and ropes courses.
Apply now to join our not-for-profit organisation and work in OEG’s dynamic environment in a salaried or casual position. In a salaried role, you can expect to sign a 12-18 month agreement. Salaried roles offer a more stable development plan and consistent weeks of work & wages balanced across the year. Casual roles work well for those who are studying part time or freelancing, as dates of work can be confirmed months in advance.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to apply directly to email@example.com outlining your professional skills, knowledge and personal qualities.
Please indicate in your cover letter if you would prefer to work in Camps or Journey based setting and if you have a preference for State/Location.
Applications should include:
- Resume including two current contactable work references
- Physical Capacity Form
- Covering Letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Position Statement
- Logbook, for those wanting to be recognised for prior experience
For information about your application status or the recruitment process, please contact Jenny Muller on (03) 5770 8272 during business hours.
For more information about the Journey Based Roles please contact during business hours:
VIC – Tyler Johnson 0417 493 655
NSW – Georgina MacSmith 0449 149 095
For more information about the Camp Based Roles please contact during business hours:
VIC – Camp Marysville Matthew Thomas (03) 5770 8293
NSW – Camp Wombaroo Stuart Whyte (02) 4878 5393
Working Holiday Visa Applicants will be accepted as part of a rolling recruitment program until all positions are filled.
Australian/New Zealand Applicants will be accepted as part of a rolling recruitment program until all positions are filled.
Interviews will be conducted at the earliest convenience upon receiving your complete application. Following an interview and reference check, we endeavour to make offers to successful candidates within 2 weeks.
Sports Tuition is seeking a couple to manage the Maroon Dam site.
The role involves the daily operation of the campsite, as well as assisting with school camp and fishing programs. It is a live-on-site role.
For further details of the campground, visit www.camplakefire.com.au
To apply for the position please send a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact Steve on 0403 154 510.
Applications close when suitable candidate(s) is found.
Rock Climbing Instructor
Crank Indoor Climbing (MacGregor)
As a rock climbing instructor, you will provide excellent customer service and climbing instruction to all levels of climbers during assigned lesson programming.
Assist members to progress their skills and their fitness.
Monitor rock wall safety of all climber and provide general instruction on techniques in a fun and enthusiastic manner.
- Provide organised climbing instructor in a safe atmosphere
- Explain and demonstrate climbing equipment and hand and feet climbing methods
- Supervise members on wall for safety procedures
- Provide and sell rock wall programs
- Undertake general safety inspection of equipment
- Must have at least 6 months previous outdoor or indoor education training skills with rock climbing
- Applicants must have a minimum Cert IV in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent, together with a current Child Suitability Card and Senior First Aid Certificate
- Be fun and energetic
- Effectively communicate to youth and adults
Please direct all expressions of interest to email@example.com
Go to the Outdoor Jobs Wanted page for a list of people currently available for work
Looking for new staff?
Advertise with us – Submit Your Job Available Ad
Please include your logo and a closing date.