Are you: Starting a Business? Growing a Business? Running a Business?
This collection of resources may help …
The Australian Government’s business.gov.au offers a simple and convenient access point to all the government information, forms and services you might need. It’s a whole-of-government service providing essential information on planning, starting and growing your business.
The Queensland Government’s business.qld.gov.au has information specifically to support business development in Queensland.
Topic areas include:
- Getting into business
- Running a business
- Employing People
- Tools and Resources
- Legal Structures … and much more
Help for Small Business (Fair Work Ombusdman)
Small businesses play a vital role in the economy. We understand the unique challenges you face in meeting your workplace relations responsibilities.
The step-by-step 28 page guide to starting a new tourism business is very practical, but nonetheless, very valuable in helping to grow the tourism industry. The publication is targeted at local communities, potential investors and tourism operators, with an emphasis on smaller visitor attractions.
It includes a checklist of key steps to be considered before establishing or investing in a visitor attraction. There is advice on project development including feasibility work, financing and project management. The new guide also includes case studies of successful tourism infrastructure development projects. The guide will also be useful for local governments, state government agency regional directors, investors and developers.
Case studies of successful tourism ventures contained in the guide include:
- RiverLife adventure and activity operation in Brisbane
- Lagoon at Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays
- Outback@Isa underground mine experience and fossil centre at Mount Isa
- Gold Coast Convention Centre
- Lark Quarry Dinosaur Trackways at Winton
- Cosmos Centre at Charleville
- Kronosaurus Korner Richmond Marine Fossil Museum at Richmond
- Cape York Turtle Rescue Project at Mapoon
A resource for Queensland community organisations containing useful information such as manuals, handbooks, a nonprofit standard chart of accounts, checklists, streamed training videos, model forms, and precedent policies.
- Set up an incorporated association
- After you incorporate an association
- Incorporated associations forms and fees
- Running an incorporated association
Charities and fundraising
- Starting an appeal for fundraising support
- Running an appeal for fundraising support
- Charity and fundraising forms and fees
- Making changes to a charity
- What is a cooperative?
- Registering a cooperative
- Cooperative forms and fees
- Run a cooperative
- Limited liability partnership
- Incorporated limited partnership
- Limited partnership forms and fees
- Register a limited partnership