Curriculum Activity Risk Management Guidelines
Most curriculum activities are low or medium risk. Risk planning for these activities can be incorporated into teachers’ planning documents. High or extreme risk activities require formal risk assessment documentation and appropriate approvals and parental permission prior to students participating in the activity.
Please note there is a requirement for people to have specific Units of Competence when delivering some activity training.
- Procedure – Managing risks in school curriculum activities
- Information sheet – Managing risks in curriculum activities (DOC, 357KB)
- Flowchart – Managing risks in school curriculum activities (PDF, 417KB)
- CARA activity guidelines
- Powerpoint – Curriculum Activity Risk Assessment (CARA) (PPT, 1.7MB)
- CARA generic template (DOCX, 365KB)
- Risk planner template (DOC, 423KB)
- School curriculum activity register (DOCX, 336KB) – for high and extreme risk activities
- Parent/carer consent template – Activity Consent Form (DOC, 326KB)
Please note the Minimum Supervision & Qualifications guidelines as these are important information for our sector. This is worthwhile reading for anyone working with school groups in the delivery of outdoor activities.