Updated 'Roadmap to easing restrictions'
Posted on 13.01.2021
Outdoors Queensland has received further clarity from Sport and Recreation regarding the easing of restrictions for the Greater Brisbane Area, specifically around the use of face masks and businesses and venues.
Please note the following restrictions specific to the sport, recreation and fitness industries:
- Individuals must carry a face mask at all times
- Individuals must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose at all times, including:
- When in indoor spaces
- Entering, exiting or inside Major Sports Stadiums, unless the person is seated
- On public transport or in commercial passenger vehicles
- Individuals are required to wear a mask outdoors, when it is not possible to physically distance. However, the requirements to wear a face mask do not apply to a person engaged in strenuous physical exercise.
Example – exercise in or above the aerobic zone including high-intensity interval training, cycling, running or team sport.
Please note, a person who removes their face mask must resume wearing the face mask as soon as practicable after the circumstance ends.
For more information regarding the wearing and use of face masks please visit the following website: Face Masks.
Businesses and Venues
- Reduction in occupant density requirements:
- one person per 4 square metres indoors
- venues with a floor space less than 200 square metres can have one person per 2 square metres, up to 50 people at a time
- one person per 2 square metres outdoors
- Dining-in permitted however patrons must be seated whilst eating and drinking
It is now more important than ever that your organisation continues to comply with the measures detailed in the COVID Safe Plan for your activity. Please note, that for the duration of the restrictions for Greater Brisbane, where a COVID Safe Plan refers to a requirement that is different to a requirement in the Restrictions of Impacted Areas Direction, the requirement in the Direction will take precedence over the Industry Plan.
Restrictions regarding events remain consistent with the advice previously provided. However, if your organisation has any upcoming events including attendees from the Greater Brisbane area, it is important to note that the restrictions within an individual’s control (e.g. wearing a face mask) still apply even if they leave or have left the Greater Brisbane area.
To access the new Roadmap to easing restrictions click this link or the image below: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/roadmap-to-easing-queenslands-restrictions
As always, if you have any questions regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact the team at SR_Covid19@npsr.qld.gov.au.
For more COVID-19 news and updates go to COVID-19 Information & Resources – our online support resources for the outdoor sector.
- Latest News and Updates
- COVID Safe Plans
- COVID Safe Businesses
- Useful Links & Resources
- Roadmap to easing restrictions
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story