COVID Safe Plans APPROVED
Updated Outdoor Education and Activity Providers plans now available
Posted on 03.07.2020
We are very pleased to announce that the updated COVID Safe Plan for Outdoor Recreation Activity Providers and the COVID Safe Plan for Outdoor Education Providers have been APPROVED!
Both plans are now accessible through our COVID Safe Plans web page and downloadable from the Queensland Government’s Approved COVID Industry Plans page and accessible for all organisations in the Queensland outdoor sector (regardless of membership of an industry peak body such as QORF). *
Some important things to note;
All organisations in the outdoor sector are strongly encouraged to follow a COVID Safe Plan.
Under the Outdoor Activity plan:
- Full contact is permitted on the ‘field of play’ in line with pre-COVID contact activities – for example, getting in close to check a climbing harness.
- There are special conditions that apply to Events
Under the Outdoor Education plan:
- Maximum group size is limited to 100 pax (inc group instructors and teachers)
- The easing of the 4 sqm rule (now 2 sqm) applies to kids only
- Full contact is permitted on the ‘field of play’ (see above)
See Implementation for information on how best to implement your new COVID Safe Operational Plan for your organisation, and Support for links to FAQ. Email SR_Covid19@npsr.qld.gov.au with any questions.
For more COVID-19 news and updates go to COVID-19 Information & Resources – our online support resources for the outdoor sector. These include
* You may have to refresh pages or clear your cache to view the latest versions
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story