Caving GPG released for public comment
Draft Activity Good Practice Guide (GPG) for 'Caving' has just been released for public comment
Posted on 05.07.2019
The draft Activity Good Practice Guide (GPG) for ‘Caving’ has just been released for public comment. Members of the outdoors community can have their say about this GPG by visiting yoursay.australianaas.org.au/Caving.
- The Caving GPG covers both horizontal and vertical caving (the draft GPG has the full description)
- It relates to led group activities for “dependent participants”:
- The assumption that competent cavers are leading a group of people who are not cavers and have no caving experience and is not aimed at groups where everyone is a competent caver
- The draft GPG has details on who are “dependent participants” (examples might include basic skills training, school groups, guides & scouts, adventure tourism)
The Australian AAS and Good Practice Guides will provide a best practice framework for safe and responsible planning and delivery of a wide range of outdoor adventure activities.
The draft GPG is available to download or readable online via the website. Feedback submissions can be lodged via the websites submission forms. These include general impressions, as well the opportunity to provide detailed and specific feedback on any piece of content or section.
Feedback submissions close on the 29 July 2019 (9.00am AEST – Melbourne Time)
Have your say by:
- Get involved in the public consultation and download the GPG at http://yoursay.australianaas.org.au/caving
- Provide feedback on the GPG draft at http://yoursay.australianaas.org.au/caving/your-say
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story