Announcing the Winners
Visioning the Outdoors Film & Photo Comp 2018
Posted on 29.06.2018
Today we are very pleased to announce the winners of the 2018 Visioning the Outdoors Film & Photo Competition. Comments from the judges indicated that overall the quality of the entries was very high and the final choice hard to make.
The Best Photo (see above), described by judge Chris Bray as “A beautiful moment at a stunning location, captured with perfect lighting – I love it. To me this shot evokes so much that’s good about enjoying the outdoors“, was won by Steffen Bollmann for his “Mt Kaputar Sunrise“.
The Best Film was “Adventure Queensland” by John Hopper. Judge Toby Ryston-Pratt said “the film has some really unusual cinematography that I found quite artistic and really brought out the subject matter.”
All the winners ...
- Best Photo: Mt Kaputar Sunrise by Steffen Bollmann
- Best Youth Photo: Mt Cootha Falls by Momo Frank
- Best Film: Queensland Adventure by John Hopper
- Best Youth Film: Assignment by Jazz Heckeroth
- Instagram: Outback by Edward Barford
- People’s Choice Photo: The Big Leap by Edward Barford
- People’s Choice Film: Highline Spacenet Townsville by Jarrah Brand-Adams
- Best Climbing Photo: Climbing Face by Adam West
Congratulations to all the winners and all the entrants – you have created wonderful images that capture people outdoors in Queensland. Many of these images will be seen on the QORF website and used to help promote outdoor activity and protection of our green spaces.
Push the button to see all the winning films and photos:
Our thanks go out to judges, Chris Bray and Toby Ryston-Pratt who selected the best film and photo winners and played an integral role in the success of the competition.
Have a story to tell or news to share?
Let us know by Submitting a News Story